Do you know how to stop robocalls on iPhone?
Robocalls are not only annoying, they are dangerous to our personal privacy and well-being. Each day thousands of robocalls are made nationwide each second to unassuming Americans, interrupting busy days, family dinners, and our sense of security.
Despite the long list of iPhone functionality, effective robocall & spam call blocking technology does not make the list. While it’s true Apple offers functionality to block phone numbers, there are major gaps in the protection they provide against dangerous and illegal spam callers. For this reason, you must take matters into your own hands and learn how to stop robocalls on iPhone.
In this post, we will cover:
- How big is the robocall problem? Why has it grown?
- Why is it important to block robocalls on your iPhone?
- Why can’t your iPhone can’t block robocalls on its own?
- How can you effectively stop robocalls on iPhone?
The robocall problem is big, and it is still growing!
Each month, more than 3 billion spam & robocalls are placed to United States mobile phone numbers. If you own a cell phone, this means that you have a 50% chance of receiving a robocall each day!
Simple economics are the reason robocall statistics continue to climb. Each year, spammers spend $438 Million in overhead costs and bring in total earnings of nearly $9.5 billion – just by stealing from people over the phone. That is a 2069% profit margin! If you knew you’d make that return on investment with little chance of getting caught, would you consider it?
Developments in spammers’ technology have also been a major factor in the growing robocall problem. Caller ID spoofing, technology that allows you to call from a phone number that is not truly your own, is the primary reason scam callers have gone unscathed. Most times when a spammer calls, it is from a unique and untraceable caller ID. Spoofing technology makes it impossible for you to truly identify who is behind the call. Don’t believe us? The next time you get a spam call, try calling the number back. We’ll bet you either get a disconnected signal or the person whose phone number was hijacked!
Learning how to stop robocalls on your iPhone is important for these reasons.
The vast majority of all robocalls placed to the United States are fraudulent. To make matters worse, nearly all of them originate from international locations – making it nearly impossible for government organizations such as the FCC and FTC to track and reprimand offenders.
Without solutions such as a third party robocall blocker app, you and your iPhone have little protection from the dangers and interruptions of robocalls & phone scams. Caller ID spoofing makes it challenging for any well-known solutions to stop robocalls, including using your iPhone to block unwanted robocalls.
Learning how to block robocalls on your iPhone is extremely important to protect yourself from the daily nuisance of unwanted robocalls and the dangers of phone scams. Here are a few reasons blocking spam calls on your iPhone is important:
- You take revenge on phone scammers & robocallers
- You don’t have to change your phone number (or throw your phone out the window)
- You save time, money, and protect your personal identity
- You decide what calls you receive and don’t receive
Why can’t your iPhone block robocalls by default?
The robocall problem is complex, and is not an easy problem to solve. There are a few reasons Apple has not developed detailed robocall and spam call blocking by default.
- The phone network is a very complex system. While it may seem straightforward, the phone network is a complicated system filled with different providers and networks. The complexity of the problem makes it impossible for Apple alone to solve the problem.
- It’s not an easy problem to solve. Caller ID spoofing is a very challenging problem to solve. The true origin of a spoofed call is difficult to identify because spammers use caller ID spoofing across VoIP servers worldwide. To build advanced spoof-fighting technology would be an enormous and expensive project for Apple, and it’s simply not worth the investment in their eyes.
- Apps such as RoboKiller exist. One of the bigger reasons Apple has not developed advanced robocall blocking of their own is because there are apps out there that solve the robocall problem already, such as RoboKiller. RoboKiller, a popular robocall blocker app for iOS, has already developed the advanced technology needed to identify and automatically block spam & robocalls.
Wait, Apple does offer call blocking! Why doesn’t it work?
If you’ve received unwanted calls, you’ve likely researched solutions to block spam calls on your iPhone using Apple’s default call blocking. While it is true that Apple does offer basic call blocking and incoming call forwarding features, it was not designed to fight the robocall epidemic.
For example, you may have once seen a well-known unwanted call blocking solution for iPhone using the “Do Not Disturb” feature. Users are typically directed to take the below actions to block any incoming call that is not saved to your Address Book:
- Go to “Settings”
- Open “Do Not Disturb”
- Slide on “Manual”
- Tap on “Allow Calls From”
- Select “All Contacts”
This solution will work if your goal is to block callers who call you from either a Blocked, No Caller ID, or Private number. However, as you may have noticed, this solution will also block any incoming calls from phone numbers that are not saved in your contacts. This means, following the above steps will not allow you to receive important phone calls from your pharmacy, your doctor, a new job offer, and school updates if their phone numbers are not already saved as a contact in your phone.
How to effectively stop robocalls on iPhone
The best, most effective, solution to stop robocalls on iPhone is to download a third party robocall blocker app in the Apple App Store. Both Apple and the FTC recommend robocall blocker apps because they were developed specifically to combat unwanted robocalls & spam calls.
We highly recommend you use RoboKiller as the iPhone app to combat unwanted robocalls and spam calls. Beyond offering the most effective spam call protection, real-time caller identification, and blacklist/whitelist functionality, RoboKiller is the only third party robocall blocker app that allows you to take the fight to robocallers by using robots of your own! RoboKiller’s Answer Bots, hilarious recordings that answer your spam calls for you, keep spam callers on the phone for hours – draining their time, financial resources, and confidence.
Follow the below steps to effectively stop robocalls on iPhone:
- Go to the Apple App Store
- Search for “RoboKiller”, Tap “Download”
- Open the RoboKiller App
- Select the Green “Continue” Button
- Enter Your Mobile Phone Number to Begin Activation
Here’s what the above steps to stop robocalls will look like on your iPhone:
To conclude, downloading a robocall blocker app such as RoboKiller on your iPhone is the most effective way to protect yourself and others from unwanted robocalls & spam calls. With RoboKiller, not only do you control who is able to call your phone number, but you make an impact in the fight against spam calls in a big way. Each new RoboKiller user adds to our army of Answer Bots that will continue to drain spammers’ time and resources until it is no longer beneficial for them to steal from you over the phone!
RoboKiller is an easy investment to ensure your privacy and personal information is protected from annoying spam calls. Click the link below to join the fight to stop spammers for good, all while enjoying a spam call free smartphone!